In Wonderschool 2.0, providers have the option to turn on the autopay feature to collect payments from families. This feature will ensure that any invoice that is sent to the parent will be charged automatically on the date that is set by the provider.
But first! There are a few things the provider must to do to ensure autopay is successful:
- Ensure the correct parent is marked as responsible for billing. You can check this by clicking into the student's profile, selecting the green edit pencil next to the parent contact, and turning on the toggle "Responsible for Billing". Click "Save Contact" when done.
- Ensure the parent that is responsible for billing has an "Verified" parent account. If you see the status as "Enabled", this means that the parent has created a Wonderschool parent account and has logged into the app successfully.
- If you see an "Invited" status, they have not created a parent account and autopay will not work. They must create a parent account to be enrolled in autopay!
- The parent should have received the invite to create an account when the provider added them to the student profile. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if the parent needs to be resent an invitation to Wonderschool.
- Ensure the parent responsible for billing has added a payment method in the Wonderschool 2.0 app. At this time, providers must ask parents if this has been set up in the app on their side. If the parent has not yet added a payment method through the Wonderschool app, invoices cannot be paid automatically. (To download the app, read this article here.) We are working on an easier way for providers to see if payment methods have been added by parents!
- The parent will add a payment method in the app. They can add a bank account or a card for payments.
When the above steps have been completed, the provider can now fully ensure the parent is ready to be enrolled in autopay. Select the student to enroll in autopay and scroll down to toggle on "Require automatic payment".
To turn on autopay for all families, you can do this in your "Finances & Payments" section under "Settings".
When this is turned on, the parent will now see this feature in their app under their payment method:
All invoices moving forward will now be charged automatically to the parent's payment method on file on the invoice due date. You can check the status of these invoices in your "Invoices" section (read more here about invoice statuses).
If a parent removes their payment method, autopay will stop. The provider must discuss with the parent if they want to continue with autopay and have the parent re-add a payment method in the app to start autopay again.
If you or a parent need help setting up autopay, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.