If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to set up invoices for students, watch these videos here: 2.0 Billing Support Videos
In order to set up invoice for students in Wonderschool 2.0, you need to make sure you've taken a few steps first. Please make sure you have done the following:
- Added your bank account to receive payments from families (instructions here)
- Added students to your account (instructions here)
After you have done the above steps, you are ready to create invoices for your families.
From the left-side menu in your dashboard, select "Invoices" under "Finances & Payments". Select the "Create New Invoice" button.
Here, you'll then be able to choose if you would like to create a recurring plan or a one-time invoice. Directors can use invoices in the following ways:
- One-time invoice: enrollment deposits, material fees, annual one-time fees, late pick up fees, summer program sessions.
- Recurring plan: weekly tuition, bi-weekly tuition, or monthly tuition charges (skip ahead here).
For one-time invoices:
For one-time invoices, you'll enter in the following information:
- Due Date: When you would like the parent to be charged
- Service Dates: When care is being given. These are optional - you do not need to indicate these if you don't want to
- Category: The type of payment the family is making (tuition, late fee, registration fee, etc.).
- Item: Age of the child you are charging for. You can type in a new age range as well.
- Notes: Any description you'd like to add for the payment.
- Amount: Total charge amount of the payment.
- Add Discount or Subsidy: You can choose to select a type of discount for the family and enter the amount.
When you've filled out all the information, select the "Next" button.
Select which students you would like this one-time payment to apply for. Click "Next" when you have chosen the students to charge.
Finally, review the invoice and click "Send Invoice" when all the information is correct. If you want to indicate that this invoice has already been paid to you via cash or check or other payment method, you can select the "Mark invoice as already paid" to add this payment for your revenue records. If you select that option, the parent will not be paying through the platform and you will be responsible for collecting their payments. Providers like to use this feature to keep all payment records saved online, even if the parents are not using Wonderschool for payments!
If you send the invoice, the parent will get an email letting them know this payment will take place or has been logged if you have indicated the invoice was already paid.
For recurring plans:
Under the "Finances & Payments" section, select "Recurring plans". Click on "Create New Recurring Plan".
For recurring plans, you'll enter the following information:
- Billing interval: How often will this repeat invoice be charged?
- Plan start date: What date is the first invoice due?
- Plan end date: Optional! You do not need to put an end date.
- Notify parents: Choose how many days in advance you want to remind the family
Once you've entered in all this information, select "Next".
On the next screen, select the category of the charge from previously saved categories, or create a new charge (late fee, lunch fee, materials fee, etc.):
If you type in a new category, you can save it to your categories for later by checking "Save to library".
Select the students this recurring plan should apply to. You can choose as many students are you need. Select "Next" when done.
Review the invoice information and select "Create a Plan" to kickstart the recurring invoices. An email will be sent to the family however many days you entered beforehand for notification.
If you have any trouble creating invoices, please reach out to our team at email@example.com for assistance.