What is a resource and referral (R&R) agency?
A local organization funded by the State and Federal Government. Parents and Providers congregate here to connect with each other and for continuing education.
There is a resource and referral agency that serves every part of California, no matter where you are located. They are county-wide and at times, in dense areas, there can be multiple resource and referral agencies in each neighborhood.
How do Wonderschool schools work with R&R’s?
Primarily some R&R’s have websites and all of them have lists available for parents to come in and find schools in their neighborhood. This is a great way for families to find you.
Secondarily to work with parents who are on subsidies and to collect subsidies from the government.
How do I find my R&R?
To find the name of your resource and referral agency go here: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/rragencylist.asp
How to sign up with a R&R?
- Find your R&R here: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/rragencylist.asp
- Call or visit in person
- Ask to speak to the “Resource and Referral Department”
- Apply on their website or they can mail it
- Mail back or drop off this information
- Filled out application
- Here is an example from a resource and referral agency in San Francisco.
- Copy of license
- A phone call or in person meeting