To upload documents to share with parents in 2.0, you can follow the below steps or click here to watch a step-by-step video.
- In your dashboard, click on "Documents" from the lefthand navigation.
- In the Documents section, you can select "Upload" to choose a file from your device to upload to the dashboard.
- Click "browse files" to select the file from your computer or device that you want to upload. Then click the green "Upload file" button.
- The document will upload to your dashboard and be scanned for viruses. You will see a pop up saying the upload has been successful and the status is "Clean" for the file.
- Next, check the box next to the uploaded file and click "Share".
- In the pop up window, you can select the student(s) you want to share this with. You can choose individual students, a group of students, a specific room (if you are a child care program with classrooms), or the entire roster of students at your location. You can also type a message to the families you are sharing this document with. Click "Share" when you have made your selection. This will send the families an email with a notification to view the document.
- Refresh your page and click on the three dots next to your document to view a record of the families you have shared the document with.
The parent will will now be able to view the document you have shared with them in their Wonderschool parent profile. Additionally, they will be able to download the documents on their own and complete them. They can also upload them back into their profile as completed forms.
If a parent uploads a document to their profile for their child, such as a medical record or other important documents, you as the provider will receive an email notification and will be able to see them in the student's profile in the dashboard (see example below!):